[CentOS] Openwebmail dependency problem

Thu Jun 10 13:45:15 UTC 2010
Jussi Hirvi <listmember at greenspot.fi>

On 10.6.2010 16.38, Steve Huff wrote:
> yum tells you what the problem is, and the solution.
>
> the problem is that both the packages perl-Compress-Zlib-2.015-1 and
> perl-IO-Compress-2.024-1 contain the same file.  the solution is to
> install only one of those two packages.

Ok, but that is no solution yet - both packages seem to be needed - one
by openwebmail and the other by amavisd and spamassassin.

> there is a deeper problem, though: whoever wrote the openwebmail RPM
> specified some of the Perl dependencies in a problematic fashion.  it
> looks like you got the openwebmail package from the project page;
> look at how these dependencies are specified:
>
> $ rpm -qp --requires openwebmail-2.53-3.i386.rpm perl perl-suidperl
> perl-Compress-Zlib perl-Text-Iconv perl(MIME::Base64)>= 3.00 ...

Ok, thanks for the rpm -qp tip. I will contact openwebmail, though they
probably know already (they should).

Meanwhile, any (more dirty) fixes?

- Jussi

--
Jussi Hirvi * Green Spot
Topeliuksenkatu 15 C * 00250 Helsinki * Finland