[CentOS] operation on the client is slow when openldap serversare down

Fri Jun 11 05:18:57 UTC 2010
xufengnju <xufengnju at sina.com>

nscd turned out to be very helpful.

2010-06-11

xufengnju

发件人: Dan Burkland
发送时间: 2010-06-10  21:49:38
收件人: CentOS mailing list
抄送:
主题: Re: [CentOS] operation on the client is slow when openldap serversare down

From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf Of XUFENG
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2010 3:54 AM
To: centos at centos.org

Hi List,

OS: centos5.3 x86_64
OpenLDAP is installed using yum.

I find that when all the ldap servers are down and offline, the operations on the client is slow.
When I try to do `ls` on the directories on the client as root, it waits there for some seconds.(root is not local account not via ldap)
But when I power on the openldap servers, it is much better.

The configuration on the client:

[root at xxxx ~]# cat /etc/ldap.conf
base dc=xxxx,dc=com
timelimit 1
bind_timelimit 1
nss_initgroups_ignoreusers root,ldap,named,avahi,haldaemon,dbus,radvd,tomcat,radiusd,news,mailman,nscd,gdm
uri ldaps://auth1.xa.xxxx.com:636 ldaps://auth2.xa.xxxx.com:636
ssl on
tls_checkpeer yes
tls_cacertdir /etc/openldap/cacerts
tls_cacertfile /etc/openldap/cacerts/cacert.pem
pam_password md5
bind_policy soft

[root at xxxx ~]# cat /etc/openldap/ldap.conf
URI ldaps://auth1.xa.xxxx.com:636 ldaps://auth2.xa.xxxx.com:636
BASE dc=xxxx,dc=com
TLS_CACERTDIR /etc/openldap/cacerts
TLS_CACERT /etc/openldap/cacerts/cacert.pem
TLS_REQCERT demand

[root at xxxx ~]# cat /etc/nsswitch.conf
passwd:     files ldap
shadow:     files ldap
group:      files ldap
hosts:      files dns
bootparams: nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files
ethers:     files
netmasks:   files
networks:   files
protocols:  files