[CentOS] downgrade

Mon Jun 14 15:55:20 UTC 2010

Mike wrote:
> On 6/14/2010 10:09 AM, John R Pierce wrote:
>> mattias jonsson wrote:
>>> Can i downgrade from centos 5.5 to 5.0
>>>

>> you want to uninstall 3+ years worth of fixed, patches, and security
>> updates??
>
> A better question would be 'why'.  Did something break because of those
> updates?  If so, there's probably a better way to work around the
> specific problem than backing out all the updates that were improvements.

I agree. Matt, did you just upgrade all the way from 5.0 to 5.5? Or were
you *at* 5.4? In either case, do you know what broke - if so, why not just
look through /var/log/yum.log, eliminate what would have nothing to do
with what broke (say, Xorg, etc) and then back out only the things that
your apps depend on?

        mark