[CentOS] Cacti/snmp question

Mon Jun 14 21:58:28 UTC 2010
Whit Blauvelt <whit at transpect.com>

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 04:38:17PM -0400, Mathew S. McCarrell wrote:

>    I don't have an exact answer for you but you may find this tutorial
>    useful.
>    http://docs.cslabs.clarkson.edu/wiki/Install_Cacti_on_CentOS_5

Thanks. That summarizes nicely the steps I've taken. It's a bit better put
together that the several sets of instructions I was working from. The steps
it shows are exactly what I ended up doing though.

>    You may find this information useful as well, even if it's specific to the
>    environment it's used in.
>    http://docs.cslabs.clarkson.edu/wiki/Monitor_a_Remote_System_with_Nagios/SNMP

Should be useful when I extend our Nagios monitoring to include snmp data.
We're using Nagios extensively, but it doesn't seem suited to the sort of
load graphing we need for our CPU cores - or if it is it's a side of Nagios
I'm unfamiliar with (which could be, it's nicely extensible).

Whit