[CentOS] Disable sendmail and configure mailx to use an external Postfix server?

Tue Jun 15 06:47:12 UTC 2010
Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>

Am 15.06.2010 04:50, schrieb Dan Burkland:

> Is there anyway I can disable sendmail on my various machines and configure mailx on them to utilize my Postfix SMTP server?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan

Install "ssmtp" from EPEL and run `alternatives --config mta' to change
from sendmail to ssmtp. That procedure will set a proper symlink for the
sendmail command execution, which is required when you submit mails by
using mail(x) command. `chkconfig sendmail off' will switch off the
sendmail service.

In /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf configure your relay host parameters.

Alexander