[CentOS] Disable sendmail and configure mailx to use an external Postfix server?

Tue Jun 15 12:38:33 UTC 2010
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Dan Burkland wrote:
> Is there anyway I can disable sendmail on my various machines and configure mailx on them to utilize my Postfix SMTP server?

You might, but I'd leave sendmail in its default configuration of only accepting
   connections from localhost because a lot of other programs expect to be able
to use it to send mail and it will queue and retry if it can't deliver
immediately.  Just edit sendmail.mc and point SMART_HOST to the server that you
want to use as a relay.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com