[CentOS] Remote X connection to CentOS 5.5 using Xming -ac

Wed Jun 16 06:31:57 UTC 2010
Alexander Farber <alexander.farber at gmail.com>

Hello,

I've found the solution for my problem:

  sudo yum install xorg-x11-xinit

Once I've done that, then started Xming with -ac
and PuTTY with X11 Forwarding enabled,
then the variable DISPLAY got set to localhost:10
automatically and I could run X-programs

Your advice with NX has worked too, thank you, Les:

  sudo yum install freenx
  sudo cat /etc/nxserver/client.id_dsa.key
    (paste the key into Windows NX client prompt)

Regards
Alex