[CentOS] clustered file system of choice

Thu Jun 17 14:03:39 UTC 2010

On 16/06/2010 21:12, Todd Denniston wrote:
> In short if you are considering DRBD as a backing device, definitely ask over on their mailing list
> and I suspect that mailing list population has a higher percentage of folks who use cluster FSs.

DRBD is only worth looking at if you have something very small, or are
in an edge case where distributing the application itself isnt an
option. To be honest, those edge cases are drying up a bit these days.

I'd start by looking at the app and seeing if I can just distribute
that. If not, then look at a distributed store ( riak anyone ? ) and if
not then look at clustering a file system for legacy type use.

Let the app and deployment role define what sort of a hammer you want to
use here :)

- KB