[CentOS] centos syslog?

Mon Jun 21 06:43:04 UTC 2010
Tom Yates <madhatter at teaparty.net>

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010, hadi motamedi wrote:

[Eero Volotinen had written:]
>>       the very bottom:
>>
>>       *.info @loghost.mydomain.com
>
> I added the following line
> to my centos :
> *.info at 172.16.17.209
> And then restart its syslog. But I don't see any syslog messages coming
> from my centos toward 3CDaemon . Can you please comment me if the needed
> configuration is just the above simple items or more advanced
> configuration is needed in this regard?

i suspect that you merely need to read eero's (excellent) instructions a
bit more carefully - there's a space between "*.info" and
"@loghost.mydomain.com" which is quite important.

this should forward everything *except* debug level messages.  if you want
those too, change "*.info" to "*.debug" (or "*.*").

--

       Tom Yates  -  http://www.teaparty.net