[CentOS] the Postfix packages are way too old

Mon Jun 21 19:42:46 UTC 2010
Florin Andrei <florin at andrei.myip.org>

On 06/18/2010 05:49 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 18/06/2010 22:28, Florin Andrei wrote:
>> Fun fact: Postfix-2.3.3 has been released in August 2006. Think about that.
>
> While you are doing that - also think about this : Red Hat have a
> policy, and they stick with it. Its something that works well for them,
> the ISVs around the base and its something that works for us.

No, that's fine, really. I was just pointing out that, for some
Internet-facing systems, this policy may be inadequate, due to the
fast-changing nature of the Internet.

For DB servers and other systems deeply buried into the datacenter, the
policy is fine.

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/