[CentOS] Virtualization as cheap redundancy option?

Mon Jun 28 13:25:59 UTC 2010
Warren Young <warren at etr-usa.com>

On 6/25/2010 8:33 AM, Brian Mathis wrote:
> - VMware Server seems like it's EOL, even though vmware hasn't
> specifically said so yet

Given that there are known serious bugs in 2.0.2[*] and that release is
now 8 months old, that seems plausible to me.  But another plausible
explanation is that they've decided to throw all their effort at a 3.0
release.

Do you have any hard evidence that would help me decide between these
two possibilities?

[*] glibc change with EL 5.4+ crashes server, creeping CPU time bug
mentioned elsewhere in this thread, web UI buggier than Brazil in the
rainy season...