[CentOS] CentOS MD RAID 1 on Openfiler iSCSI

Mon Jun 28 21:04:02 UTC 2010
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 6/28/2010 3:25 PM, Emmanuel Noobadmin wrote:

>> I dont see why not. But you dont dont need openfilter to give you iscsi
>> capability. CentOS-5.1+ has had the ability to export an iscsi target
>> itself with all the tooling built in.
>
> I'm not sure yet since openFiler seems to provide a few more options,
> if I'm not mistaken the ability to soft RAID 5/6 on multiple machines
> and remote block duplication. So theoretically, I'm thinking with
> openFiler presenting a frontend to the application servers, I could
> increase storage without having to mess with the application server
> setup.

If you are looking at openfiler, you might also want to consider
nexentastor.  Their community edition is free for up to 12TB of storage.
  It's an OpenSolaris/ZFS based system with web management, able to
export cifs/nfs/ftp/sftp/iscsi with support for snapshots,
deduplication, compression, etc.  I haven't used it beyond installing in
a VM and going through some options, but it looks more capable than
anything else I've seen for free.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com