[CentOS] CentOS MD RAID 1 on Openfiler iSCSI

Tue Jun 29 07:08:20 UTC 2010
Christopher Chan <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk>

On Tuesday, June 29, 2010 01:23 PM, Emmanuel Noobadmin wrote:
> On 6/29/10, Christopher Chan<christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk>  wrote:
>>> The only problem is their HA is commercial only and costs more than
>>> the entire hardware budget I've got for this. Crucially, it relies on
>>> a failover/heartbeat kind of arrangement. According to some sources,
>>> the failover delay of a few seconds will cause certain services/apps
>>> to fail/lock up. Not an issue for the immediate need but will be a
>>> major no no for the other project I have in the pipeline.
>>
>> So install Nexenta CP2/CP3 then. That's completely free and ZFS has its
>> own web interface...
>
> Sorry, a little braindead by now but how would the Nexenta Core
> Platform (I assume this is the CP you are referring to), solve the
> failover delay problem since it would still be relying on HB to do
> failover monitoring right?
>
> Or do you mean to use NCP for the storage units, relying on ZFS to do
> the disk management and export iSCSI interfaces to the application to
> use as MD RAID 1 members?

raid1/iscsi if you have a single host accessing the data or gluster if
you have more than one host accessing the data...

Nexentastor has a HA distributed filesystem? Gotta take a closer look at
that.