[CentOS] How do I create a new menu category in GNOME ?

JohnS jses27 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 19:56:36 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 19:47 +0100, Niki Kovacs wrote:
> JohnS a écrit :
>
> > ---
> > That should be the right way /usr/share/apps  then update it...
>
> 1) *What* should be the right way ?
>
> 2) then update it... update what ?
>
> Sorry, but this wasn't very helpful.
>
> I want to create a new *main* menu category Applications > Medintux.
> Just how should I go about that? Please be less elliptic.

------
1. Ok what I said was you are on the right way to doing it

2. Heres the easy way.....
Right Click on the Applications Menu Click on Edit Menus.  I think you
can figure the rest out it's pretty easy.

OK manually you can put the *.desktop entry into /YourHomeDir/.gnome
or /home/.kde

Thankfully I had to learn the hard way.  You get the easy way.  Took me
a whole afternoon to figure it out.

John