[CentOS] Install Help

Slack-Moehrle

Wed Mar 3 21:17:37 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I have a new system that is dual AMD's. I have a CentOS 5.4 x64 dvd.

I power on the machine
It boots to the CentOS media I had in the dvd drive
I start the install
it comes up and asks me where I have CentOS, I select 'Local CD' and I get that a message saying CentOS install files cannot be found. Strange because it boots to it!

What could be the issue?

I have 1 320gb Sata Drive connected to onboard Sata and that is where I want to install.
The DVD drive is connected IDE to the mobo
I have two 3ware raid cards each can handle 8 drives, but I have not put drives in yet. I am just trying to make sure everything works before I go that route. The 16 drives will be storage only. Linux Software Raid.

Any thoughts?

-Jason