[CentOS] New to VM

David Milholen dmilholen at wletc.com
Thu Mar 4 03:32:24 UTC 2010

Ok,
 So the idea on VM is to have plenty of Drive space? Please excuse my
obvious lack of knowledge on VM but I am so old school just having a
single server with just a few drives only running a few
Apps like Httpd,mysqld,qmt-plus and dns.
I have managed these for so long on just a couple of machines but
technology is changing and we are growing as a company and I have heard
and read great things that can be done with VM.
I have another ibm Eserver with a couple of scsi 15k 50GB drives and 4
GB of memory that I can configure from scratch to do VM or what ever I need.
 I guess I should start by asking how VM is configured and How does
allocate resources on the server?
 BTW I am a big fan of this list and have been for quiet some time.
 --Dave