[CentOS] strange network problem

Juan Carlos Díaz Fernández juan.carlos.diaz at ign-solutions.com
Mon Mar 8 11:21:24 UTC 2010

Dear Michael,

I hope your problem won't be a regular issue and you don't see it again.

All of the servers I've installed have a few tools by default to make tests
in this cases (tcpdump (wireshark if gui), iptraf,
iptables/pf,netcat,sysinternals(windows),...) and have a monitoring packages
(Nagios/Ntop) in other machine to obtain data. And one monitor port in our
switches to plug my laptop and sniff all traffic on each vlan. I saw a lot
of strange issues but if networks and systems have not tools, you only can
reboot and try to obtain an answer from logs.

Best Regards,

Juan Carlos Díaz Fernández
IGN Solutions™
Director Técnico
mailto: juan.carlos.diaz at ign-solutions.com
callto: +34638295207/+34617413903

Innova Galicia Networks Solutions SL
http://www.ign-solutions.com
Pazo de Feiras e Congresos de Lugo - Palomar s/n
27004 LUGO - Spain
callto: +34982284150 faxto: +34982284922