[CentOS] Help with Ruby on Rails setup using Centos 4

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Mar 10 18:14:27 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 09:53 -0800, Todd Cary wrote:
> I have Ruby on my CentOS box with Gems 1.3.4, however I am
> getting some errors that I do not understand.  I am absolutely new to
> RoR, but I do not want to take up anyone's time on this site if this is
> an incorrect place to ask RoR questions.
> Todd
> P.S. I have some questions about upgrading to CentOS 5, but I'll start
> another thread for that.
It would be impossible to have ruby on any computer since the
'current' (stable) version is 1.8.7 and the 'development' (unstable) is

CentOS 4 has something like version 1.8.1-7 which really isn't rails
suitable (you need AT LEAST 1.8.4 and you can passably use 1.8.5 like on
CentOS 5).

I think your questions are in the realm of CentOS thus far but questions
that are specific to RoR applications are probably not and probably
better handled on RoR list.

believed to be clean.