[CentOS] Dependency problems with Yum update

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Mar 11 03:19:24 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 17:21 -0800, Todd Cary wrote:
> Augusto -
>
> What is the syntax for that?  This is what I initially ran:
>
>   966  gvim /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Testing.repo
>   967  yum --enablerepo=testing install ruby ruby-devel ruby-rdoc

----
ignore that - you don't need to run createrepo

what did you change when you edited CentOS-Testing.repo ?

btw... I tend to install more ruby bits (example from EL5)
ruby-ri-1.8.5-5.el5_3.7
ruby-rdoc-1.8.5-5.el5_3.7
ruby-devel-1.8.5-5.el5_3.7
ruby-libs-1.8.5-5.el5_3.7
ruby-mode-1.8.5-5.el5_3.7
ruby-1.8.5-5.el5_3.7
ruby-irb-1.8.5-5.el5_3.7

but I suspect that ruby-libs is automatically pulled in with your above
yum command.

Craig

believed to be clean.