[CentOS] how to monitor,or be notified of email blacklisting ?

Joe Pruett joey at q7.com
Fri Mar 12 18:30:09 UTC 2010

On 03/12/2010 04:19 AM, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> Does anyone know how I can monitor our server's for blacklisting? We
> run a large amount of shared hosting&  reseller hosting servers and
> from time to time one of the IP's will get blacklisted. I'm looking
> for a way to be notified if any of our IP's get blacklisted. Is this
> possible?

get yourself registered on feedback loops.  aol, comcast, earthlink,
usa.net, and maybe some others offer this.  then you'll get copies of
email they consider to be spam.  by using them as early warning systems,
you can avoid getting on the blacklist in the first place.  also, make
sure you have a valid email address set on your ip whois info so that
abuse messages can get to you.  get registered with abuse.net.
basically do as much as you can so that you're aware of what complaints
are being generated and can shut off abusers more quickly.

robtex.com is a good site to use to check for blacklist entries.  you
might be able to run a wget via cron to watch things daily.