[CentOS] Installing additional software from CD

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Sat Mar 13 09:44:50 UTC 2010

Al Sparks wrote:
> I installed CentOS w/o Gnome, or X-Windows.
>
> I'd like to install that stuff from the CD.  I don't want to try and install
> individual RPM's.  What can I run off the CD that allows me to use the
> standard package manager (or whatever it's called)?

from /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Media.repo

# CentOS-Media.repo
#
# This repo is used to mount the default locations for a CDROM / DVD on
#  CentOS-5.  You can use this repo and yum to install items directly off the
#  DVD ISO that we release.
#
# To use this repo, put in your DVD and use it with the other repos too:
#  yum --enablerepo=c5-media [command]
#
# or for ONLY the media repo, do this:
#
#  yum --disablerepo=\* --enablerepo=c5-media [command]