[CentOS] Burning data cd in CentOS?

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Sun Mar 14 09:51:56 UTC 2010

hadi motamedi wrote:
> Thank you for your help . To this end , I am now able to burn my pdf
> file onto data cd on my CentOS . I tried to install Adobe on my CentOS
> , as the following :
> #yum install AdobeReader_enu
> But it didn't get through. Can you please let me know how I can have
> it so I no longer need to open the pdf files on my MS Windows client?

i don''t believe any of Adobe's products would be found on a Yum
repository.
Adobe's Reader is here,
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=10&platform=unix
<http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=10&platform=unix>

there's also a variety of opensource/thirdparty PDF viewers, including
evince, kpdf, xpdf, etc.  Evince is the standard document viewer in
Gnome, and is in the base repo for centos 5