[CentOS] https question

Mon Mar 15 01:21:29 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 8:45 PM, adrian kok <adriankok2000 at yahoo.com.hk> wrote:
> I have question about https
>
> I am using mozila to access gmail as https://mail.google.com/mail
>
> Why mozilla prompts me the alert box?

I use Mozilla Firefox v.3.0.16 (32 bit) on CentOS 5.4
I am *not* getting warnings like that, with Gmail or with the URL you
posted above. Which version of Mozilla (Firefox?) are you using?

> "You have requested an encrypted page that contains some unencrypted information. Information that you see or enter on this page could easily be read by a third party."
>
> How mozilla knows I have data not encrypted?

I have seen warnings like that, but not with Gmail.  That means that
some of the information on the web page you are accessing is not
encrypted.

> ls https secured?

Yes, it is encrypted, but sometimes not all of the information on a
web page is encrypted.