[CentOS] cron.hourly runs twice

Michael Schumacher michael.schumacher at pamas.de
Wed Mar 17 08:46:09 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, March 16, 2010 you wrote:

> Mar 16 14:01:01 helen crond[27833]: (root) CMD (run-parts /etc/cron.hourly)
> Mar 16 14:01:01 helen crond[27834]: (root) CMD (run-parts /etc/cron.hourly)

> I just wonder if anyone has come across this curiosity?
> Or can suggest any possible cause.

Did you edit one of the jobs? Some Editors (joe) create a file with an
"~" at the end as a backup. If you edit one of your cronjob-scripts
in /etc/cron.hourly/ , you may create a second file that will be run
by cron too.
This happened here some time ago and it took some time to figure out
the reason.

best regards
Michael Schumacher
PAMAS Partikelmess- und Analysesysteme GmbH
Dieselstr.10, D-71277 Rutesheim
Tel +49-7152-99630
Fax +49-7152-996333
Geschäftsführer: Gerhard Schreck