[CentOS] Multiple FreeNX servers and SSH ports

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Sun Mar 21 16:03:12 UTC 2010

Ned Slider a écrit :

> Choose a random unused high port number (above 1023)
>
> http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers.
>
>> 2) How do I configure these different ports ? By that, I mean : how do I
>> tell SSH to use them instead of port 22 ?
>>

> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Network/SecuringSSH#head-3579222198adaf43a3ecbdc438ebce74da40d8ec

Thanks, that helped. I sort of managed to configure different SSH ports
for the two machines. Now I'm facing another quite unexpected problem.
Let me try to describe what's going on.

Machine number 1 (bernadette) is 192.168.1.2. I reconfigured SSH on this
machine to use port 10022.

Machine number 2 (raymonde) is 192.168.1.3. SSH port on raymonde is 10023.

I took care of reconfiguring the firewall and open the respective ports
(10022:tcp on bernadette, 10023:tcp on raymonde).

In my router's web interface (Expert Mode > NAT) I defined a port
redirection, so that requests for port 10022 are rerouted to
192.168.1.2, and requests for port 10023 to 192.168.1.3.

Now I can ssh into my two machines from the outside, using my public IP
address. E. g. :

# ssh my.ip.add.res -p 10022 --> I'm logged into bernadette

# ssh my.ip.add.res -p 10023 --> Logs me into raymonde

Except... when logging in a second time, in the other machine, I get
this, understandably :

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@    WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!     @
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.

Now, of course, I could manually open ~/.ssh/known_hosts, erase the
respective line and then log back again. But is there a more orthodox
way to log into two different machines via two distinct ports on one
single IP address without getting this sort of error ?

Cheers,

Niki