[CentOS] VSFTPD accepting same user/session from different IP addresses

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Mon Mar 22 14:31:19 UTC 2010

Dirk H. Schulz wrote on Mon, 22 Mar 2010 13:41:50 +0100:

> What I am concerned about is the fact that the client sends out using
> various gateways at once. Is there some configuration item in VSFTPD
> which can prevent this and reject packets from the additional ip addresses?

Note, this is not the same session, it's a different connect with the same
user credentials. I don't see a problem with this. It's not a security
problem and it's hardly a load problem. Users usually don't have more than
one IP at their disposal at the same time. This is one of the few cases where
this is different.

AFAIK, there is no option to allow only x logins per user, only x logins per
IP. You could go to the vsftpd mailing list (if there is one) and ask about
this additional feature.

Kai