[CentOS] Configure Webcam in centos 5.4

Michael Klinosky mpk2 at enter.net
Tue Mar 23 20:20:45 UTC 2010

Max Hetrick wrote:
> The Logitech QuickCam Pro just plugs and plays too.

I'm interested in setting up a webcam, but have _zero_ experience. (I'm
just continuing this thread - I hope that I'm not hijacking it!)

Does 'plug and play' here mean that I wouldn't need extra software to
stream the video & audio to a remote box (which also has CentOS), and
that the remote knows what to do with the stream?

Either way, what utilities or services are used? Or, are there websites
to explain this stuff?

I read the wiki page - nothing there to help the absolute newby.