[CentOS] Network tuning for working with very old Solaris

Wade Hampton

wadehamptoniv at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 17:02:49 UTC 2010

G'day.

I am trying to get a very old Solaris 5.7 server to ftp data to my
updated CentOS 5.4 server but the Solaris box keeps losing
networking after sending some data.  I can't ping the Solaris box
from any of the servers on my network.

Could this be related to a much newer (modern) TCP/IP stack in
Linux and TCP options?  If so, does anyone have any suggestions
for how I can tune the Linux server?   I am not as concerned
about performance, but just to keep the Solaris box from
crashing (and no, I can't upgrade the legacy Solaris server).

Thanks,
--
Wade Hampton