[CentOS] printer trouble - missing driver?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Mar 28 03:56:46 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-03-27 at 20:50 -0400, Michael Klinosky wrote:

> Craig wrote:
> > put any downloaded/custom ppd files in /usr/share/cups/model and then
> > you can choose them. They can be in tar.gz form if you want.
> Well, if you can show me where to get a ppd file, I'd really appreciate
> it! (I checked openprinting.org, linuxfoundation.org, and
> hplipopensource.com - nothing about 'ppd file'.) Or, can I really
> customize what I have?
PPD was linked for you up thread.
> > don't know about that one but possibly not a problem. If it's a problem,
> > it would seem that you have defined a printer that it can't talk to.
> I configged it the same way on the F7 box, and it works fine. I'm
> boggled - why wouldn't it work on the Cent box?
I suppose that if you wanted intelligent assistance, you would post the
contents of /etc/cups/printers.conf and relevant parts
of /var/log/cups/error_log unless you are content to wait for people to
take wild ass guesses about what the problem actually is.

believed to be clean.