[CentOS] Keyboard problems on Centos 5.4

Darmath

darmath at tpg.com.au
Sun Mar 28 16:35:05 UTC 2010

  I installed CentOS 5.4on a WMWare Server virtual machine that's
running on win7. Everything seems to work fine except I get a shit load
of error messages from the console along the lines of when I type on the
keyboard:

  atkbd.c Unknown key  released (translated set 2, code 0x81 on
isa0060/serio0).
atkbd.c Unknown key pressed (translated set 2, code 0x81 on isa0060/serio0).
*atkbd*.*c*: Use '*setkeycodes* e059 <*keycode*>' to make it known.

NB: the code's change and there doesn't seem to be any particular codes

Is this because i'm running centos on the VM? Any ideas how i go about
actually fixing this? I've had Centos dual booted with winxp on this
same hardware previously without any problems. Being unfamilar (having
not used Centos much) I don't really have any idea where to start to
resolve this.