[CentOS] VMware server 2 - Strange behaviour

JohnS jses27 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 13:34:19 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 06:15 -0700, John Thomas wrote:

> cd /tmp
> IP=the.esx.srv.ip # < fill in esx server ip address here
> wget --no-check-certificate https://$IP/ui/plugin/vmware-vmrc-linux-x86.xpi
> mv vmware-vmrc-linux-x86.xpi vmware-vmrc-linux-x86.zip
> cd ~
> mkdir -p bin/vmwareconsole # make directory bin in your own homedir
> cd bin/vmwareconsole
> unzip /tmp/vmware-vmrc-linux-x86.zip
> cd ~/bin
> ln -s vmwareconsole/plugins/vmware-vmrc . # make a symlink for easy access
> vmware-vmrc # run the console
---
I tried a similar hack like that on a client machine weeks ago and I
would also get the page display problem and could not log in.

I also find the problem on real slow machines with not enough ram.  My
i686 machine want even run it even if it is set up correct.

On the actual server machine there is no problem at all.

John