[CentOS] NFS freeze when transmitting big files

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Tue Mar 30 21:59:10 UTC 2010

m.roth at 5-cent.us a écrit :

> *heh* I remember the first computer I owned, and my ex and a friend
> violated the warranty on the RadShack CoCo, opened it up, and doubled the
> memory for a birthday present. Then, I had 32K ram! (Are you sure you
> didn't mean 512K RAM?)

No, 512 Byte. Here's one similar :

http://www.computermuseum-mannheim.de/images/pic_g/siemens_8080_1g.jpg

The thing had to be programmed in Assembler using a hex keyboard.

My dad worked at a lab at Siemens and brought one of these things home,
along with my first two computer books : "Binäre Algebra" and "Logische
Schaltkreise" (logical circuits). My first program were flowcharts on
paper that I had to convert to hex code and poke into the computer.

Folks who say the Linux command line isn't comfortable don't know what
they're talking about :o)