[CentOS] Define HTTP proxy system-wide (Squid and Squidguard) ?

kalinix calin.kalinix.cosma at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 12:06:35 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-31 at 12:23 +0200, Niki Kovacs wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm currently configuring Squid and Squidguard for filtering web access
> in a public computer room. So far, everything works fine.
> I know how to configure Firefox to use a proxy, but there's no way to
> protect that configuration, e. g. a more knowledgeable user might
> circumvent this configuration. Is there some way to configure an HTTP
> proxy system-wide?
> Cheers from the sunny South of France,
> Niki

On the router level, you could block all the traffic and allow only the
threads initiated by proxy. Thus you make sure that no 'clever' user can
generate outbound traffic.

Key fingerprint = 37B8 0DA5 9B2A 8554 FB2B 4145 5DC1 15DD A3EF E857

Children are natural mimics who act like their parents despite every
effort to teach them good manners.