[CentOS] selinux on xen virtual machines

lhecking at users.sourceforge.net lhecking at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 31 14:03:16 UTC 2010

lhecking at users.sourceforge.net writes:

>  I rebuilt my xen host with the 64-bit OS and am in the process of recreating
>  the guests, both 32 and 64 bit. I use a kickstart installation with
>  virt-install, and so far none of the installation attempts has completed.
>
>  Anaconda indicates installation should take about 2-3 minutes, but when it
>  comes to installation of selinux policies, it just sits there, and I have
>  no idea what it's doing. No progress 15 minutes later, and it doesn't make
>  a difference whether I disable or not selinux in the kickstart configuration.
>  What's the best thing to do in this situation?
>
>  CentOS 5.4 with all current updates.

 More detail.

 With the kickstart config I've always used, which includes "selinux --enforcing",
 I get

audit(1270043018.724:2): enforcing=1 old_enforcing=0 auid=4294967295 ses=4294967295
Unable to load SELinux Policy. Machine is in enforcing mode. Halting now.

 when the installer reboots. The same thing happens when I explicitly add
 the selinux-policy package to the kickstart config.

 When I add selinux-policy and selinux-policy-targeted, the installer hangs
 on installing selinux-policy-targeted.

This message and any attachments may contain Cypress (or its
subsidiaries) confidential information. If it has been received
in error, please advise the sender and immediately delete this
message.