[CentOS] Hylafax does not pick up.

Thu Mar 4 20:55:03 UTC 2010
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

We run the distro HylaFax on a CentOS-5.4 host.  On infrequent
occasions we notice that the server will not pick up an incoming
call.  It reports listening to modem rings.

Now, it seems to me that picking up the call should be under the
control of the modem but I notice that there exists a setting in
Hylafax for the number of rings before picking up.  The default
value for this is 0 (zero) but we have it set to 1 (one).  Because
of this option I am not sure whether there is something wrong with
the server or with the modem.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and discovered its cause?

Canada  L8E 3C3