[CentOS] IPSec VPN Setup?

Wed Mar 10 01:11:51 UTC 2010
Ski Dawg <centos at skidawg.org>

Hello Everyone,

I have been tasked at work with setting up a VPN connection from our
server to a client's network. The only problem is that I have never
done anything like this before, so I am not sure where to start.

We are running CentOS 5.4 on our server. I do not yet know what the
client is running for their VPN, the only thing I know of from the
client, is we need to use IPSec for our VPN connection to them. I have
been googling, and have found quite a bit of information, but it is a
little overwhelming, as I am new to setting up a VPN. Is the a
"standard" method for doing this sort of setup that I am missing so
far?

If anyone has any quick pointers to get me started, that would be
greatly appreciated.
--
Doug

Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window.
   -- Steve Wozniak