[CentOS] fuse filesystem mount issue

Wed Mar 17 01:37:42 UTC 2010
fred smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

Hi!

I'm using the ntfs-3g module for my portable USB hard drive on Centos 5.4.

When I plug it into my centos box it mounts fine, but its owned by root
and nobody but root has permission to write to it.

I've been perusing the ntfs-3g and fuse man pages (and other docs) and they
all seem to say that the default settings should be to allow RW access
to everyone. but that isn't what I'm getting.

Mount says this:

/dev/sdd1 on /media/SeagateUSB type fuseblk (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,allow_other,default_permissions,blksize=4096)

but right-click/properties on the desktop icon shows no write permission
if yer not root: onwer: root, group: root, and all the "folder access"
lines are greyed out.

How would one approach solving this problem?

Thanks!

                    The Lord detests the way of the wicked