[CentOS] How to add virtio modules automatically to initrd in CentOS4?

Sat Mar 20 13:32:32 UTC 2010
Felix Schwarz <felix.schwarz at oss.schwarz.eu>

Hi,

I migrated a physical CentOS 4.8 server into a VM on a CentOS 5 KVM host.
Everything works fine, I even can use the paravirt drivers for network and disk.

However the required kernel modules are not put into initrd somehow. Of course
I can call "mkinitrd --with virtioblk ..." manually but that's too easy to forget.

I searched the web but I didn't find any similar reports... I found some
references to /etc/sysconfig/mkinitrd/ but this doesn't work for me.

So how can I make sure that the initrd always includes the virtio stuff?

fs