[CentOS] Publishing a webcam on a web page?

Tue Mar 23 15:25:19 UTC 2010
Stephen Harris <lists at spuddy.org>

This talk of cameras has reminded me of a problem I've not yet been able
to solve.

I have a Logitech Communicate STX
(  ID 046d:08ad Logitech, Inc. QuickCam Communicate STX )

This seems to work under v4l on CentOS 5.4.  If I load xawtv (from rpmforge)
then I can view the image from the camera.

But what I'd like to be able to do is have the image appear on a web page
(maybe streaming video or maybe multi-part image using old-fashioned
server-push web technology from 1995 :-)).

Anyone have any recommended tools for this?

Thanks!

--

rgds
Stephen