[CentOS] issues with 3rd party repos for centos

Mon Mar 1 19:25:13 UTC 2010
Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>

>   i'm reading the lowdown on 3rd party repos with respect to centos
> here:
>
>   http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories
>
> and i have a couple questions and observations.  first, the entry for
> centosplus reads:
>
> "Popular packages from this repository include: postfix with database
> support, a rebuilt kernel with additional drivers & filesystem
> support, php5 and mysql5."
>
> however, i popped over to the centosplus packages site:
>
>   http://mirror.centos.org/centos-5/5.4/centosplus/
>
> and checked under x86_64, but i don't see any php or mysql packages.
> am i misreading something?

CentOS 4.x comes with php4 and mysql4 and CentOS 4.x/centosplus
includes php5 (5.1.6) and mysql5 (5.0.82sp1).  CentOS 5.x comes with
php5 (5.1.6) and mysql5 (5.0.77)...  CentOS 4.x is still alive and well
and will be for a few more years.
"http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories" is not
version specific -- it covers all the currently supported versions.