[CentOS] how to open a tcp port?

Wed Mar 3 13:48:41 UTC 2010
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

hadi motamedi wrote:

> Thank you . How can I distinguish which package is missing from my
> CentOS server and try to just add it (rather than trying for a fresh
> CentOS re-installation) ? On another machine similar to mine , the
> output is as :
> # netstat -ant |grep 4965
> tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:4965 <http://0.0.0.0:4965>
> 0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
> # netstat -anp |grep 4965
> tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:4965 <http://0.0.0.0:4965>
> 0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1090/iptrans
> # lsof -i |grep 4965
> iptrans    1090 root   21u  IPv4       1764       TCP *:4965 (LISTEN)
> On that machine , the 'telnet ip-addr 4965' can get through . So which
> package do I need to add to mine ?

The lsof output shows a program named iptrans is listening on 4965.  Try to find
the program using 'locate iptrans' on the machine that has it.  Then use 'rpm -q
--whatprovides pathname' to see what rpm package it was installed from.  If it
was installed from a yum repository and you have matching repositories set up,
you should be able to duplicate it on the other machine with 'yum install
packagename' (and perhaps some configuration afterwards).  I don't recognize
this program, though.  Are you sure it came from an rpm package?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com