[CentOS] SSH Remote Execution - su?

Thu Mar 4 17:19:34 UTC 2010
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 3/4/2010 10:58 AM, Tim Nelson wrote:

>> What's the problem with key-based ssh directly as root?
>>

> Not a thing, except I'd have to login and update that many systems before I'm able to get any real work done. Maybe I'll use the presented expect scripting (very similar to my test run) to get the appropriate keys installed, then proceed using puppet et all for the rest...

If you have the ssh-copy-id program that uses a one-time password based
command execution to install the remote key, you could probably run it
with expect.  Personally I think it is better to include the key in all
new installs that need central control instead of having the passwords
all the same.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com