[CentOS] About addition of hardware and kernel

Wed Mar 10 20:18:07 UTC 2010
Bo Lynch <blynch at ameliaschools.com>

On Wed, March 10, 2010 3:07 pm, Jose Luis Marin Perez wrote:

> Dear Sirs
>
> I have a ML370 G4 server with 1 CPU Intel (R) Xeon (TM) 3.60GHz and 2GB of
> RAM with operating system CentOS 4.7 and kernel 2.6.9-78.0.22.ELsmp
>
> We have acquired 1 CPU and 2 GB of RAM additional to improve the
> functioning of the server, my question is whether the current kernel can
> support the addition of hardware or if I need a new kernel or install any
> additional software.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jose Luis

If you are running a SMP kernel then it should be able to run either 2 or
4 CPUs without any reconfiguration.
Run the command uname -a to see what type and version you are currently
running.
Bo Lynch