[CentOS] Motherboards for HPC applications

Thu Mar 11 01:35:10 UTC 2010
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

Christopher Chan wrote:
> Anandtech did some testing last quarter where they compared what appears
> to be the best quad socket Intel solution against the best dual socket
> Intel solution and the dual socket solution ran circles around the quad
> in some tests and pretty much matches it in other tests.

thats largely because the current generation quad socket processors are
still using last generation CPU cores, the current dual socket are the
new I7/nehalem cores, which are inherently a lot faster.