[CentOS] Back to apcupsd

Tue Mar 16 20:40:48 UTC 2010
Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com>

Scott Silva wrote:
> on 3-16-2010 8:43 AM m.roth at 5-cent.us spake the
> following:
>
>>> on 3-2-2010 2:13 PM m.roth at 5-cent.us spake the
>>> following:

>> <snip>

>>> The light might stay on until either the next battery test, or re-setting
>>> the stored battery change date. I never have been able to get the date
>>> changed from *nix. I usually used a windows laptop with APC software
>>> installed. It can probably be done, just never spent a long time trying.
>>>
>> Thanks, but no joy. I had no problem using apcupsd to reset the battery
>> change date... but that didn't do it. I've done numerous battery tests,
>> both from apctest, with apcupsd down, and by pushing the button.
>>
>> *sigh*
>>
>> We've ordered another set of batteries for one of these, this time the
>> exact same make and model that were in them, though still not the full OEM
>> cartridge, and we'll see if it does need HR (high rate) batteries. If so,
>> then what was advertised as a replacement kit is untrue.
>>
>>        mark
>>
> Yeah... Been burned by OEM batteries in the past... Usually buy direct from
> APC anymore... Not worth it

I don't have a 3000, but I've got a few SU2200's and a pile of SU700's.
I get all my replacement batteries from Batteries Plus (Werker brand)
and have never had a problem.  The replace battery light stays on until
I do a battery test (let it charge for 24 hours, then test it via the
button).

--
Bowie