[CentOS] MySQL max clustering package?

Wed Mar 17 11:29:31 UTC 2010
Alexander Georgiev <alexander.georgiev at gmail.com>

2010/3/17 Neil Aggarwal <neil at jammconsulting.com>:

> The only potential place a conflict may occur is in
> the qty available for a specific product.  The inventory
> system updates the inventory regularly so even if the number
> is wrong, it gets refreshed shortly thereafter.

Do you mean that a separate job, iterates the orders, accumulates the
real ordered quantity and subtracts it from some "initial quantity" in
order to produce available quantity?

What do you do in cases where you have oversold a product. I mean when
the "ordered quantity"  got bigger than the "available quantity" due
to a conflict in available quantity field? I assume that the system
sends an email to the warehouse to increase additionally the quantity
of that product?

> We even built an application layer on top of master-master
> replication to handle cases where a transaction fails.

Could you describe a case where a transaction has failed , and how you
deal with it?

Thank you!

Alex