[CentOS] Multiple FreeNX servers and SSH ports

Sun Mar 21 17:12:36 UTC 2010
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Ned Slider wrote:

>>> 2) How do I configure these different ports ? By that, I mean : how do I
>>> tell SSH to use them instead of port 22 ?
>> You don't really need to change the ports on the hosts.  Just configure the
>> router to accept different ports on the internet side and redirect to port 22 at
>> the different IP addresses on the inside.  Then you only have to change the
>> client settings for access from outside.   I'd move both of them away from port
>> 22 on the outside, though - you'll avoid a lot of password guessing attempts
>> that will happen otherwise.
>>

> Not all home/consumer routers will allow redirection to another port -
> some only allow packet forwarding to the *same* port at another IP address.

I guess that's possible - but they are cheap enough to replace if they don't
provide the functionality you want.  I think I've seen some where they had a
simple setup to forward a port for a service to the same port at one inside IP
or you could do a custom setup where you could specific the target port as well.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com