[CentOS] sendmail sending out on port 587

Sun Mar 21 22:51:15 UTC 2010
Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec at PoMec.Net>

n Sun, 2010-03-21 at 18:07 -0400, JohnS wrote:

> > If you have other ideas would appreciate your assistance.
> >
> ---
> I have an idea... Dump Sendmail on your laptop!!!
>
> Use Evolution or Pine to fetch and read your mail from your office
> server.  Seems a way lot simpler the sendmail.mc way. Configure them to
> use the ports on your office server.  How simple can it get?
>
> John

John,

I actually evaluated your solution first in that your way was the normal
way I sent mail.  The problem I had was that port 25 was being blocked
by the hotel and I could not figure out how to get evolution to use a
port different than 25 to send mail.  Receiving mail was no problem it
was just sending mail.

sendmail is supposed to be able to use port 587 to send mail so that is
where I turned next, but have not made it work yet.

Thanks for responding!!!!

Greg