[CentOS] Multiple FreeNX servers and SSH ports

Sun Mar 21 23:25:04 UTC 2010
Robert Spangler <mlists at zoominternet.net>

On Sunday 21 March 2010 10:54, Niki Kovacs wrote:

>  Recently I played around with FreeNX on my own desktop, and I'd like to
>  install it on these two computers. On my PC, I just redirected port 22
>  in the router, so SSH (and thus FreeNX) requests from the outside get
>  redirected to my desktop PC. (And yes, I have a strong password :oD)

There was a lot of information given to you about this, but one piece I didn't
see.  If you are using SSH then why not switch from password authentication
to Key authentication?  Thus should someone figure out what port you are
using, and today it isn't that hard with the many tools out there, they still
will not be able to connect.

--

Regards
Robert