[CentOS] fsck problems

Tue Mar 23 11:00:47 UTC 2010
sync <jiannma at gmail.com>

Thanks for all replies .

Today, I did the following things,and also met the other errror message:

First, I used the CentOS 4.6 DVD  to boot for the linux rescue and then i
copy  all data to the another server

Then,  reboot the server and then boot it from the hard disk.

This time, the screen came up with these:

Checking root filesystem:
EXT3-fs error (device dm-0) :
ext3_get_inode_loc: unable to read  inode block -inode=7473432,
block=14942282

fsck: error while loading shard libraries: libuuid.so.1:cannot open shared
object file:
Input/Output error:

*** An error occured during the file system check.
*** Droping you to a shell; the system will reboot
*** when you leave the shell.
Give root password for maintenance
(or type Control-D to continue)

It is obvious that the fsck command maybe not to use .

What could i do now ?

 Maybe it is the only method to reinstall the CentOS operating system. isn't
it?